Learning about pool vacuums: can I get one that does NOT hook up to the pump?

Jun 8, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Pool, pump, and filter details are in my signature.

OK. So I've been running my little pool for a month now without even so much as a brushing of the liner. Not been vacuumed yet, either. No skimmer, either. I am thinking it is about time to address that.

Doing the best we can do with the pool net to get fall-ins out of the pool water. But there's still some coffee-ground-sized gritty pieces of bark, leaves, bugs, etc. that we miss.

The specific question is: is there such thing as a handy "Dust Buster" for pools that does not use the pool's existing pump? I'm still using the small, none-too-robust Intex pump that came with the pool. From what I've been reading here, our current pump will be wholly inadequate for any kind of vacuuming. So I'm hoping there is some kind of vacuum that can be effective as a stand-alone system -- basically Shop-Vaccing the bottom of the pool. If not ... I guess we'll address the pump, after all.

Not really looking for a robot or anything like that. Just something hand-held and relatively easy to use, if such a thing exists.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.