Taylor K2006c vs TF-100

Sep 24, 2016
Indiana
I see these seem to be the two kits recommended. Which one is a better bang for the buck? Which one has more reageants? Some reagents I notice I am going through quicker than others, does one provide more of the ones used more often?

The k-2006c reagent amounts are more geared towards commercial use while the TF-100 is specifically designed for the TFP member/residential pool owner. Both use the same reagents but I think the TF-100 is a better value. Also you get guarantees on reagent freshness from TF Test Kits, so that is a plus.

I just searched on Amazon "TF-100" the results came back with Taylor on top and TF-100 the second link. If you are prime member you can send Taylor back, go to TFTestkit.net and get TF-100 cheaper than on Amazon. It is better bang for your buck. I also highly recommend speedstir.

Also when I order from TFTestkit.net I get it in 2 days, even though the link says 7, but whether you order from Amazon or TFTestkit.net it comes from same place.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I ordered the TF100 on Amazon now I wait. Pool levels are fine except CYA I am unsure of due to being out of reagent. Believe it to be low but afraid to add without knowing for sure. Thanks guys! Great advice from this site every time I have asked a question.

Amanda,
Just curious what you tested with if you just ordered TF-100. They do sell refills for the TF-100, significantly less than the whole kit, even have sale on refill kits a few times a year, also can buy individual reagents.

I do not know the K2005 real well but believe you could have bought other things that would have upgraded it, But I also would have just bought the TF-100 instead. I think it would be cheaper now but in long run cheaper with tf-100 and easier because they have good refills on sale at times during the year.

I had to get something in a hurry when I got the Taylor kit. I do like that is is simple and color coded but certain regeants just don't last long. So it was a good starter kit. Will continue to use those reagents until they are gone and then use the new kit. I am kind of obsessed with testing :) and trying to get the perfect balance now, so I will likely go through the kit fast.

On my next refill I'll try the TF-100. I paid $53 for the K2006 on Amazon. Amazon shows $75 for the TF-100 and $6 to ship it. From TFTest site it's $70. The Mrs fights me on everything and she already fought me on the Taylor kit. Spending more money might cause her to have a heart attack.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.