My success story. Wanted to share. Don't lose hope!

May 19, 2015
Sicklerville nJ
A little background. Unseasonably warm temps and a late opening into June this is what I opened to this year. The water was so full of mosquito larvae you could see it moving. Let's not talk about the smell. Ever.

Elapsed time is 7 days. Couldn't have done it without you TFP.

Oh, and before anybody says it...my CYA is 20. Hence the floater. If you have a swamp don't lose hope. I honestly thought this would take a month. 7 days.

Swamp conversion. - Album on Imgur

Really?! I'm honored. I've learned all I needed to here. I don't post, but I just read pool school and all the threads. Been following BBB for 5 years so when I saw it I knew what I had to do. Picked up 5 gallons of liquid chlorine (my pool store is cheaper than bleach) and got to it. Only used liquid chlorine. I refilled the 5 gallon jug once and now I'm on jug 3 to maintain.

Not deleting it! The swamp is there to stay.

I was able to dose every 2-4 hours as I'm a stay at home mom. I did leave it unattended overnight though but the filer ran 24-7. I'd say I dosed it every 4 hours or so.

Thank you for sharing that information. We do tell people it is very important, especially in the early stages of a slam to check FC levels and bring it back to slam levels frequently. Dosing every 2-4 hours makes a huge difference!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.