Did you get exactly you wanted with your pool?

dice7074

Bronze Supporter
Jun 19, 2017
Surprise, AZ
Just curious as to how many of us got exactly what we wanted with our builds/remodels. For my husband and myself, he designed the layout of our pool and decking, so, because I didn't put up too much of a fuss with that, I picked out the tile and finish.

Of course, my initial thoughts were to go with very modern finishes because that's just my personal preference, but my husband said, "no black tile and no black water". He said we live in Arizona and we don't want to attract heat and he doesn't want to see a "black hole" when he's looking out at our yard at our swimming pool.

So I had to surf the internet to find a look that I wanted to try and recreate. So this all-tile turquoise water feature inspired me.

But the one thing I came across that had a similar color scheme and a feature I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, wanted was an acrylic wall for our raised spa, but unfortunately, it would have put us $20,000 over our budget and we were already $10,000 over. :drown: My husband says it would be easy to remodel the spa at a later date when I start working and we're not paying for my nursing school. I'm just kind of curious as to what his definition of "easy" is.

Don't get me wrong... I'm already absolutely loving my pool build so far, but I think in a few years when money is less of an obstacle, my build will be "continued"!!

Welcome to TFP!

All I can suggest, is design the spa now with that upgrade in mind for the future. My opinion is that it will be a major hassle later on, and not anything but more expensive than doing it now. Beautiful concept and design, and I really like it, but to me it isnt worth a 10-20k upgrade. That shouldn't matter to you, just saying... If you want it, that's all that matters, and with enough money and a little time, pretty much anything can be done. Love both these pictures but have a question....

How does one get over to the Chaise lounges in the second picture? :jocolor:

And PS- I am so with him on the black hole concept....no way!

What looks good in a picture doesn't necessarily equate to what's going to look good years later, be easy to maintain or have good resale value if it doesn't appeal to many people.

We didn't get everything we wanted but got most. Our pergola doesn't offer full protection from the late afternoon sun but moving it to a different location caused other problems . We'll figure out some sun screens or something.

Salty, isn't that the story of life?... We'll always figure something out!! ;) :rolleyes:

Patrick, you're right... not worth another 10K upgrade... even the PB's field manager said it. As far as those chaise lounges, I think one might have to walk across the tiled step and get their feet wet to get to those chairs... LOL I was so inspired by the color and design, I didn't even think about function. Good question!!

Yes though I did request a rectangle pool. Our vision was executed pretty well.

984241eeba756153d7129e5269ef032a-1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.