Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner...BBB??

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Owner...BBB??

Hey there. I'm a new pool owner. We have a 17,500 gal IG salt water pool with an Aquapure aquacell and 2 pumps (JANDY) One is a 2hp and the second is a 1 Hp. The pool is solar heated. Can we use the BBB system to maintain the chemicals? I have been reading the forum for most of the afternoon and I can't see any reason why i cant. I have purchased the h2o testing kit that was recommended from Leslies pool supplies. ($63) Where do I start?
    Peter T
    17500 IG gunite saltwater with 2 Jandy (1.5 and 2) with cartridge filter 150 gpm flow rate and Solar heat. Aquacell NACL converter. Chlorine FAS-DPD Service Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Owner...BBB??

any pool can use it. you start with a full set of test results and any problems you're having. sounds like you ordered the kit online? hopefully it will come soon. if it's over a week and still hasn't shipped, call them because apparently it's not uncommon for an order to get "stuck". at least that's what the guy told me when I was wondering what was taking so long. anyway it ended up taking about 2 weeks. in the meantime I ordered the kit from www.tftestkits.net and got it in 2 days. I took the other one back to a local store when it finally showed up.
    anyway if you have the kit now, then do the tests as long as the pump has been running for 30 mins or so.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.