Chlorine Not registering?

The TF100 (TFTestkits.net). $70. Will last two seasons (most likely) with your pool size. Will allow you to test FC to 50 if you need to SLAM and thus keep you from having to drain your pool potentially multiple times per year.

Hope that helps.

Will I be ok waiting that week or whatever for it to come in the mail, should I do something in the meantime?

Semi real test numbers a bit skewed, no cya.

OK gang, back at for more help because I'm so naive to this stuff. Been reading alot. I have a 100 test ordered as of 4 pm today so I will finally have an official real test as compared to the strips. While waiting I talked to my neighbor who had a hth 6 in 1 tester so for fun I used it to see my results compared to the strips which I will compare to the 100 when it comes. Everything on par but the clorine.... The numbers read:

CL between 5/10 test vs 2/4 strips then went to 0
Ph 7.2 test vs 7.8 strips
Alk 100 test vs 80/120 strip
Hard 150 test vs 100/200 strip
Cya 0 test vs 30/50 strip.

I haven't been able to keep CL registering (withvthe strips at the time) so it makes sense the cya is low. I bought clorox stabilizer 4 lb thing. I have 7300 gallons. I read to put it in sock and hang by the water return jet. How much do I need and how do I measure. I don't want to over do it so I'm guessing right now just under 1 lb in it. Am I doing this wrong or should I change anything? Do the numbers seem way off to you?

Thank you so much

Re: Semi real test numbers a bit skewed, no cya.

I know it's difficult (because we all want to do SOMETHING) but the best bet is to wait until your TF-100 gets to you. We simply are guessing along with you right now. The TF-100 will stop the guesswork and you won't need to compare it to strips, neighbors kits or the pool store. It will yield VERY good results for you.

Don't add any CYA because you don't yet know where your starting point is.

What does your water look like?

Keep all your posts under this thread. Everyone wants to see your whole story in one place. Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK got my t 100 kit and did my first test today. This is the readings I got. I'm in the north east, been rainy and cool (60s) lately. Any recommendations?

Fc 6.5
Cc 0.5
TC 7 ppm
pH 6.8
Ch 175
Ta 120
Cya 30

Is there anything I should change in there? or worry that is way off? Was looking at the pool math, should I worry about the hardness is my TC to high?

How does the water look? Green? Cloudy?

The pH is a little low but time and aeration will fix that.

No not at all. No one has been in it in like a week because like I said it has been really cool and crappy weather lately, but supposed to warm back up this coming up week. But when I pull back the solar cover and test water and just take a look at it, pretty clear.

ok great, so you think the rest of the numbers look good and I have nothing to worry about right now? I was thinking TC was high and hardness was low. One other question, I know to test CL and ph daily but the rest how often do I test? Weekly? Monthly? Does that include CYA?
That high chlorine will drop rapidly once the sun hits it, and you're well below shock level anyway, so there's nothing to do there. Low hardness doesn't bother a vinyl lined pool. There's no plaster to leach Calcium out of. You don;t need to do anything.

As for the rest... Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

That high chlorine will drop rapidly once the sun hits it, and you're well below shock level anyway, so there's nothing to do there. Low hardness doesn't bother a vinyl lined pool. There's no plaster to leach Calcium out of. You don;t need to do anything.

As for the rest... Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Thank you for the direction and help. I have come along way because of this forum. I contie to read daily about it, and actually have a small clue what I am doing when before I didnt even know what any of these were. Thank you!

Should I start to be concerned. As seen above with my t 100 my numbers aren't off . Still been cool in my area no one has swam in week and half. Finally gwtting back up to 80s. Just did another test my pH is still really low. My chlorine is high and pH is low.... Is it time to do something or still wait? It's not the clearest pool ever but it certainly isn't cloudy or swampy by any means.

If you've been using your solar cover this entire time, it may be the reason your chlorine is not coming down as expected. Aeration is difficult with a solar cover, as well.

Have you done an OCLT lately?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.