Tiki Torches

I've been through so many tiki torches over the years. I bought 6 of these solar tiki torches in my yard, which I LOVE! Newhouse Lighting Solar Flickering LED Tiki Torches, Bamboo Finish, 2-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007W6XV6U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_wWwszb4F4K73F
I've replaced the batteries in them once in the last few years and 1 of the 6 ended up lost in my saltwater canal during a tropical storm. The other 5 made it through no problem. They look real and they come on at dusk and still are on in the morning when the batteries are fully charged. The only negative is the "tiki" brown color fades to kind of a taupe over time. You can see the torches in my backyard paradise thread in my sig.

I also have tiki torches for around the pool but haven't put them back up after the hurricane last year. I got them at Home Depot and they are metal. The ones you actually put oil in. They can be a bit smelly and smokey too if you don't keep the wicks trimmed but they sure look cool on a hot summer's night.

Solar sounds nice but I was thinking more like the old school kind you actually light up. The super dangerous ones ... with REAL FIRE... the smoke and smell was part of what made them wicked cool. Home Depot huh? Thanks, I'll take a look.

Besides the solar ones I also have 2 metal ones from Home Depot I fill with citronella oil and light by my hot tub. I bought a tiki oil funnel at Home Depot that is awesome for refilling time. I used to buy the cheap non metal tikis and just replace every season until I got the solar ones. You can pick the cheap tikis up at Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes.

I love the look of tikis. Always have so many wine bottles left over so I made these for our deck. bottle tikis

And how they look at night.
Nite time shot

It runs about $5 per bottle at Lowe's for all the hardware to make them. And the beauty is you can make them to mount virtually anywhere by cutting the all thread any length you desire. These are 5" away from the posts. I want to make some more for the landscape and mount them on some metal conduit poles here and there.

Quick note is fill them up with water to about an inch under the wicks since they don't go to the bottom of the bottle. Since oil and water don't mix it works so you can use standard replacement wicks. Can buy longer wicks online but this works fine for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have those. This is not my pool, but it will look just like that 1st pic. But I do have tikis
7561c8046f0615ea83c82befd86f63f3.jpg
39277a24b61f2379cc4341364159e26a.jpg

Christi

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.