Paying the bills....

tim5055

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
We are now getting into the "busy" season here at TFP. What many of you don't know is that TFP is not a huge company or supported by a huge company - We are staffed by volunteers, period. While it may seem that way, the liquid chlorine "industry" isn't funding us. ;)

If you look around there are no advertisements on TFP. We have a pool care system that is centered on keeping your pool as "Trouble Free" as possible without digging into your wallet. Accepting ads would cause a conflict that we would be uncomfortable with.

So, where am I going with this rambling treatise?

I'm glad you have found our information helpful and have saved money over the pool store and their sales, please consider making a donation to TFP.
TFP is registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donation are what keep the electrons flowing. Check with your tax professional as your donation may be tax deductible in your situation.

These donations are what keeps TFP free of Ads and allows us to continue to turn away money from companies who don't fit into the TFP system.

Another way to support TFP is through the Amazon Smile donation program. When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. As a 501 (c) (3) charity TFP can receive these donations. Click this link to select TFP as your Amazon Smile recipient.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this.......

Just the other day a company emailed TFP requesting information for rates to advertise on the forum. They included a link to their website so I said what the heck and clicked. It took me to a site whose product was really neat. The quality appeared to be there. The idea was well thought out. It caught my eye enough to click on the price. $55!! My mind went right to some advice I learned on TFP. The advice I learned on TFP did the same thing for under $3. I took great pride emailing this company back knowing TFP's Supporters fully funded the site.

This year we saw an increase in our hosting costs to keep up with our growth. This year we added a second server for the upcoming PoolMath App. We're looking at upgrading our software as the program the forum is running on is going on 10 years old. We're looking at preforming a major upgrade to Pool School. All this while we've added approximately 25,000 new users.

Paid for by the TFP Supporters!

As Tim mentioned it's your donations that keep the forum growing. We thank each of you who have donated, thank you! For others, we ask that you please review the options to donate and please consider supporting the forum. This year our donations are down partially due to the poor weather. Please donate to help us continue to teach TFPC and to continue to expand the website that you love.

Thank you!
Lee

Wooo Hoooo! :whoot: I just saw there's a New Record of online users on TFP!!! I've been watching that old record, just waiting for it to be broken. That's pretty exciting and maybe overwhelming for some of you.

I know many TFP viewers feel like I do, and are amazed at how much this site saves each of us money. My pool build alone would have cost much more without the guidance I received here. Or, another way to look at it - I was able to afford more goodies (LightStreams glass, bling for Kim) on my pool from the equipment savings and possible headaches down the road. Then I save a ton on chemicals each month. Last time I checked, my average chemical cost is about $40 a month over a year. My neighbor spends $170 dollars a month, every month. (I think he's finally convinced to go with TFP pool maintenance) Then there's the advice I get on so many things - best products to buy (hair nets instead of expensive skimmer socks, etc). And today, the guides and mods steered me away from buying a new laptop to use out by the pool and use my old tablet that's been sitting in my drawer! That saved me enough to make a donation to TFP. Seems like common sense to me. Save some, give some!

Take care,
Suz

I was a lurker for a few months before I registered. then I started asking lots and lots of questions. I'm now the proud owner of a 15 x 30 pool and have saved TONS from the advice I learned here. I didn't think twice to become a supporter.

I just signed up for a $1 monthly recurring donation. That seemed so small that it was silly, but I wanted to give SOMEthing, so I did it anyways. Then I saw that there are nearly 29,000 active forum users! Surely there are enough people that can spare this literal pocket change that the site's funding needs can be met easily!

I changed my Amazon Smile charity to TFP. Considering all the pool gizmos and pieces/parts that I buy, it just seemed right to send some additional "thanks" to the awesome folks here. If you don't know about it, this is how it works.....for eligible purchases on Amazon Smile, they donate 0.5% of the purchase price to your selected charitable organization. Just another option!

And had I read from the start of the thread I'd have seen Tim's post! Duh! ;):sun:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Best money I have spent on a pool is supporting TFP, I can not imagine what my pool would look like if I had not found this site and all these wonderful brothers and sisters :)

Thanks for the Amazon Smile donation idea Lilypad...the time I get to enjoy our pool is limited in my part of the world but at the same time I really really like how all you fine folks care for my pool and have showed me the way. I love testing my water and chuckle every night while adding "X" amount of stuff I purchased at my local non-pool store;)
Your guys and gals rock:rockon:

I need to remember to use amazon smile, since you have to use the smile link every time. We order a ton of stuff off their.

I’m what you call........forgetful and lazy. :)

Smile Redirect :: Add-ons for Firefox

Smile Always - Chrome Web Store

Install the plugin once and done as long as you’re on the computer.

I just signed up for a $1 monthly recurring donation. That seemed so small that it was silly, but I wanted to give SOMEthing, so I did it anyways. Then I saw that there are nearly 29,000 active forum users! Surely there are enough people that can spare this literal pocket change that the site's funding needs can be met easily!

Thank you greatly once again!!! Even if just half of those 29k users would chip in a buck we’d be able to do so much more!!

Thanks all you supporters! This site would not exist without you! TFP continues to remain advertising free because of donations. Great reminder for people to set up Troublefreepool as their charity when they shop Amazon Smile-it's FREE MONEY!!! :party::party::party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.