Help.... Water behind liner / Process to remove using pool pump and hose

Hello,

On the weekend I discovered 2 holes in my liner. 1 in the shallow end that was the size of a quarter and 1 in the deep in that was about 1cm slit. Both are patched and seem to be holding.

Now, how do I get the water out from behind the liner. The pool compnay that I use to open and close only said it is a simple process that I can do myself. I pull the liner and use my pool pump and hose to suck out the water.

Have not tried as of yet, but when I hook everything up to the skimmer and put the hose down behind the liner will the hose just not dump the water out and cause a massive air pocket before it can start sucking at the bottom of the pool?

Can someone explain the process or would it be easier to get a small self prime pump and use garden hose to pull the water and another to put it back into the pool or is using the pool pump very easy?

thanks,

Do you own a shop vac? If so, I'd put the slender attachment on, pop a bit of liner out of the track near the worst area, use duct tape to ensure a vacuum seal around the area the liner meets the nozzle, and turn it on to suction out the water.

Any pump should work the same way if you don't have a shop vac.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.