When to run pump and add bleach

May 12, 2017
Temecula, CA
So my pool has a spillover/waterfall from the attached spa into the pool. I love to hear the water and see the water fall over. I typically run the pump from 10am to 6pm and it is in full sun all day.

My questions are:

When is best time to run pump?
When is best time to add bleach?
Should bleach be added when pump is going to be on and for how long should bleach be circulating with pump on?

Thanks as always!

Run it whenever you want.
Add bleach when the pump is running.
Make sure the pump runs at least half an hour after adding.

To complicate things... if you signed up for the tiered rates with SoCal Edison, it's a lot cheaper to run at night. But if you like the sound, run during the day.

When to dose makes no real difference. For an example, say your minimum FC is 4 and your daily use is 2. At 8 PM it's 4. You raise to 6. At 8:00 AM it's still 6. At 8 PM it's down to 4 again. Or you add at 8 AM. It's 6. At 8 PM it's 4. At 8 AM the next morning it's still 4. No difference. It never dipped below 4. That's the only critical thing -- that it never dips below minimum. You'll learn (if you haven't already) through testing what your normal consumption is so you can target high enough to keep it above minimum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.