Ready to convert!

May 27, 2017
Milton Fl
Hi. Need help with green pool. It's been a fight since last year when we had to practically drain the entire pool because the cya was extreme. And this year it's been green every other day. You know we tried everything.
I have hung around long enough and have decided to do it the TFP way! I am a little worried I don't know enough cause I don't wanna mess this up.

i ordered my Tf100 yesterday, but in the mean time using a Pentair test kit and Clorox dip sticks when testing. And I am using chlorine pucks.

Here are reading right now:

pentair test
1.0 cl, 7.2 ph, 120 ta

strip test
tc 1, fc 0, ph 7.2, ta 120, stab 120

we added about 6 pounds of backing soda last night and we turned up the chlorinator. Water temp 84 degrees.

Not sure what next. How do I get a TFP?

Welcome. Why did you add baking soda? Your TA is already 120. That stab...errr.......CYA level is still an issue at 120. You know those pucks are what is adding it every time you melt one, right? You'll be best served by doing another partial drain before your kit arrives---it'll be a whole lot easier to deal with. Lose the pucks and use plain liquid bleach.

I have been studying yalls website for quite some time but I do need help with the pool math page. It asks at the bottom how the chlorine is delivered. Right now it's by pucks, but if I put in bleach I thought it would tell me how much to add.am I missing something?

Tell it liquid bleach. On the FC line under now just put in your current FC and your target number. Enter 8.25 to the right in the box. "Y'alls website" is now "Your" website too!

Hi. Need help with green pool. It's been a fight since last year when we had to practically drain the entire pool because the cya was extreme. And this year it's been green every other day. You know we tried everything.
I have hung around long enough and have decided to do it the TFP way! I am a little worried I don't know enough cause I don't wanna mess this up.

i ordered my Tf100 yesterday, but in the mean time using a Pentair test kit and Clorox dip sticks when testing. And I am using chlorine pucks.

Here are reading right now:

pentair test
1.0 cl, 7.2 ph, 120 ta

strip test
tc 1, fc 0, ph 7.2, ta 120, stab 120

we added about 6 pounds of backing soda last night and we turned up the chlorinator. Water temp 84 degrees.

Not sure what next. How do I get a TFP?

Go liquid. Unless something has changed I think all pucks have stabilizer in them. I could be wrong on that but from the reading I did I couldn't find any that didn't contain stabilizer.
On pool math down at the bottom "use suggested goal levels from" select Trouble free pool.
Use the calculator to determine how many gallons of water (unless you know) and enter that up top. You can change your Goal for Free Chlorine and input your current FC. It will then calculate how much you need to add based on what type you're using.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.