Raypak Heater 226A Dead from mice!

May 27, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have a 4 yr old Raypak 226A. I discovered mice in last week. At that time before cleaning out the unit turned on but would fire up. Found a few wires chewed through. I repaired those and worked great. I shut it off and came back yesterday to find I had not eliminated all the mice. It now will not turn on at all. The display screen is blank. I took the unit apart to clean out what I missed before. I thoroughly checked all wires and don't see at that need repair. I put a meter on the line coming in and I am getting power. I checked the fuse on the circuit board as well. Its good. I don't know what else to check. Any suggestions???

Well it is either the board or the display portion of the board. You could try this, on the board should be the connector if you had an automation system. It should have three wire leads on it, spa, pool, and 24v hot. If you use a meter check to see what if any voltage you have between either of the pool/spa wire and the common. It should read 24 volts when the heater is powered up. If it does not, then I might suspect the board has been shorted by the mice. If you have a reading of 24v, then it could just be the display module.

rheem remote plug.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.