Thinking im going to slam for mustard

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
5th day on slam, and ive kept my FC at 20 or above, for my CYA is at 50..And same exact spots keep showing up all over pool floor. Ive brushed, vacuumed, and backwashed, but to no avail..My stairs still havnt been put back in for the season, and ive taken fountain off and cleaned and scrubbed thoroughly. There is nothing else in the pool where algae could hide. Ive even cleaned skimmer and basket with bleach. Really getting to be a beating..Im just hating the fact im keeping high chlorine levels from the prev closing months of last year, and now again this spring due to repeat occurance...

They poof away, and they are are brownish/yellowish looking....And same exact spots every time on both sides of the pool....No pics at this time, and its already dark..

FC=23
CC=0
PH=NOT CORRECT DURING SLAM
TA-110

Oh it's on the walls? If it was the same spot on the floor I'd think circulation, but if it's clinging to the walls, that's different. Your CC is zero, if it was elevated I'd say something was being broken down. At 50 cya, mustard shock level is something like 29, so if you really want to bring it up to that for a day or two for the should take much.

Have you done an OCLT? That'll tell you if anything is eating the chlorine.

Can you reach the spots. I'd suggest you try to suck them up with a turkey baster and dry it out on a piece of paper or paper towel.

Sorry, can't give you anything definitive, but hopefully that gives you an idea?

Oh no, nothing on the walls, I meant on the floor bottom on both sides of pool. Cant reach to them at this time, but if I still have issue when I put stairs in, then ill do the turkey baster. Im going to do a OCLT tonight..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.