New post -old user

Mme

May 21, 2016
Saltillo, MS
Lost 6 inches of water due to vacuuming. Had to add about 8 inches. Of course iron staining Coming back from new water but I can deal with that. But my CYA is above 100.
Readings this morning:
FC 3.4
pH 7.0
TA 120
CH 80
CYA 0ver 100

JUST KEEP ADDING BLEACH??? More water makes the iron worse.
Advise please.

Since the iron is a problem, unless you're vacuuming out pure algae and leaf sludge, I'm guessing they will advise vacuuming on filter/returning water to pool. On this PoolSchool page they talk about using polyfill in the skimmer to filter out iron. There are probably more threads about that. This post might be better in another category, I'm sending a private message to a mod that is online and hopefully we can get you a great answer faster that way.

Have done another ascorbic acid treatment.
Readings today:
FC = 0
pH = 7
TA = 90
CH = 110
CYA = >100

So... water is beautiful blue, no staining. Have put in sequesterant and CuLator pack. Going out of town tomorrow so cannot begin adjusting levels until Sunday night. Why is CYA so high? Do not add stabilizer. Could it be the Trichlor tablets causing this? I can't drain and add water because that would add more iron in the new water! So just add lots of chlorine???

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.