Audio options?

This is what I designed and built for my back yard.

I was looking for lights and audio and just could not find the right set up that appeased me so I built my own post that serve 2 purposes.

I started out with a 7.1 JVC 130watt Receiver (second hand paid $110.00) that I keep in an cabinet next to the grill. I was able to find a perfectly matched grill cover to match the cabinet to keep it dry.

I bought a blue-tooth receiver that we use our cell phones (Iphone 4s & HTC Android) to stream live music via wifi through our network using such audio sutes as Iheart, Rhaspody, or even our own mp3 collection. The phones have music players that we can control volume & tone. I also have the JVC remote that I rarely use. On the second shelf of the cabinet, is a powered sub that gives the 4 speaker Klipsch system the umf needed.

Based on Klipsch's recommendation, I ran 10 awg wire to all speakers. The wall sconce lights are 120 volt. so, obviously I had to run power to each post. It is a very clean setup. You see no conduit or speaker wires. No drilling through walls and no sound quality loss from wireless speakers.

To be honest, I have a multi-room Yamaha system in the house but, I just didn't want to deal with a receiver not at my finger tips should I need to change something.

It's all outside and right there for my choosing.

As for the sound, it is incredible. The deep base outside just accents the whole system and Klipsch was a perfect match.

Thank God for good neighbors because the clarity alows the system to be heard easily down the street.

Attachments

• IMG_4655 (2).JPG
    IMG_4655 (2).JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4654 (2).JPG
    IMG_4654 (2).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4656 (2).JPG
    IMG_4656 (2).JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 73
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.