Aquabot Won't Climb Walls

Mar 5, 2016
Central CT
I got a used Aquabot Turbo T. It can't seem to climb the 90 degree walls in my shallow end, but does OK once the pool starts to slope down and the angle from the bottom to the sides decreases. The treads look pretty worn, so I think that might be the problem? I was also thinking of just ordering the kit that has all the common replacement parts in it... drive belts, treads, and brushes. My water is also less than 70 degrees, which the manual mentions may cause the brushes to be stiffer. I don't mind geting some replacement parts if people thing that might help. FOr the price I paid I will be happy if it can clean everything except the walls in my shallow end.

I've had multiple Aquabots (Turbo R/C, Turbo, Bravo Fury) and none of them had any trouble climbing a 90 degree wall. Make sure the filter bag is clean, when it starts to get full the Aquabot will have trouble climbing the walls. If the pool is extremely dirty (first opening in the spring) the Aquabot will have trouble climbing the walls.

Post a picture of the unit. If the treads are worn they need to be replaced. The drive belt should also be replaced once every two years or so.

I've had multiple Aquabots (Turbo R/C, Turbo, Bravo Fury) and none of them had any trouble climbing a 90 degree wall. Make sure the filter bag is clean, when it starts to get full the Aquabot will have trouble climbing the walls. If the pool is extremely dirty (first opening in the spring) the Aquabot will have trouble climbing the walls.

Post a picture of the unit. If the treads are worn they need to be replaced. The drive belt should also be replaced once every two years or so.

Its putzing around the pool right now, but I can take a picture when I take it back off. The treads are deffinitly flattened off, and not round like the ones in the pictures here: How To Change Drive Belts on Your Aquabot(Residential)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.