Pentair FNS DE filter cleaning

Sal512

May 17, 2015
Austin, TX
I am preparing to open and clean my new DE filter. The model is Pentair 180008 fns plus. This is my first time attempting this. The filter was installed last month by a pool company. I have the DE cleaning tutorial, is there a tutorial specific to the pentair FNS model? Actually a utube video will help me a lot. I am seeing pressure go from 22 to 32 when i change from pool mode to spa mode. Is that normal

I have The Pentair FNS DE filter and read the tutorial. Everything is done in the same way except that there are two wing nuts (or knurled brass nuts) that hold down the manifold instead of just one. It is a pain putting the manifold back on top of the grids as you have to align 8 pieces to fit it together. Once it is on, make sure that the ends of the grids are fully seated against the manifold so no DE can straight through the manifold. You'll know what I mean when you assemble it. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.