Baquacil conversion with percarbonates

So I kept holding out so that I could post that my conversion was complete but I still keep losing 2-4 FC overnight. Pool continues to look amazing and is crystal clear. No signs of any baquagoo anywhere. My best guess is that the lingering effects of the CDX is still there so we keep pushing on. I have given some thought to adding some of the chlorine directly through the skimmer to get higher concentrations in the filter......what do you think?

Husky25 had some good recommendations from the following post... have you already checked all of these?: "Are there any crevices, nooks, or crannies you can think of? The skimmer frame or inside/behind the return jet eye perhaps? There is possibly a piece of foam behind the skimmer weir to keep it buoyant and gets little to no circulation. You should be able to pop the weir itself out with a flat head screwdriver and the foam slides out from there. Also think if there are any stains at or above the water line that have not been affected by the chlorine or brushing, which may require a bit more elbow grease. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are good for that."

(https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/142030-Baquacil-conversion/page2)

Honestly, I'm at about the same point as you... If you already completed the above points, I'm curious what the pros would say about your suggestion regarding adding chlorine directly to the skimmer (similar to how CDX was added directly to the skimmer)...

Just as you're thinking, I wonder if the overnight chlorine loss could be attributed to the CDX somehow being lodged/stuck within the sand. I think I also read a comment from someone saying they put the filter on RECIRCULATE to see if the OCLT would pass w/o water flowing through the filter. If it passes in that situation, would it be OK to proceed to cleaning out the filter and replacing the sand since it seems like the cause could be attributed to possible trace amounts of Baq products stuck in the filter somewhere?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.