Newbie with too high CYA

My FC held overnight!!

If I understand the BBB method correctly and the overnight FC loss test, that should mean that I have no algae and now I can maintain FC level of 5-7 assuming my CYA is 60. One of these days I'll take my water to the local PS for testing to see what they get for my CYA as confirmation.

My wife is afraid to get in our pool because I use bleach. She doesn't want to bleach out her hair. I told it's no different then the chlorine she is used to.

Thanks for your help!

If my pool truly becomes trouble free then I will make a donation to the TFP website.

Oh, so now we're on probation? LOL

chlorine is chorine, whether it comes from tablets, powder, or bleach, it behaves the same way in the water.

I wish I didn't have to pay $75 for the blond hair treatment at the salon, if only the pool could do it for me....

women. my wife whines about the chemicals too. but when I went by pool store advice and "shocking" involved dumping 2.5 gallons of 10.5% in the pool and using the chlorine pucks, she never said a word. her hair will be fine.

jcm0020 said:
If my pool truly becomes trouble free then I will make a donation to the TFP website.

I said it 1 year ago to the day and I will hold true to my word. I made a donation to become a lifetime supporter!!

I have passed this website on to new pool owners hoping they don't have to go through what I did before I found TFP!

Does anybody know if there is a .pdf document of pool school that I can print and add to my pool binder?

Thanks
Jason

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.