Used Hotspring Envoy Hot Tub Spa

Mar 15, 2017
Tucson, AZ
We just built a pool and want a good above ground hot tub that we can use year-round. We are on a limited budget -- so we looked at new Costco hot tubs and used ones on Craigslist. After doing a lot of research, the consensus opinion from the "experts" on this board is that buying a hot tub is like buying a car - better to get a used one from a reputable brand than a brand new one that is lower quality. There are a lot of crappy used hot tubs available, but not many from the "name brands".

So here is what I have available in my area and I'm wondering what you all think of this deal:

The one I think is the best: Hot Spring Envoy - 2005 offered at $1000. From the pictures it appears to be in excellent condition. I am going to see it in person to verify today. Only issue is the ozonator has stopped working (not a big deal, not even sure we want ozone)

Some other options:

2007 LA Spa S-Class offered at $1000. Also looks to be in good shape. Problem with this one is it is 120v and I just had 240v run to my spa pad, so not sure I really want to deal with conversion.

2015 Bullfrog A6L offered at $4500. Great shape, no issues. Just not sure we can swing the price.

Unknown year Jacuzzi (looks maybe 8-10 years old), sold by a spa repair guy who probably got it cheap/free and made some repairs and is flipping it, offered at $2850.

New Aquaterra Aryana from Costco. $3,500.

If you were me- what would you do? We are a small family of 3, wanting a spa for relaxation and therapy, and this will be our first hot tub (have had a pool before). Thanks everyone!

Thanks for your replies. We saw the tub yesterday and it's wonderful. We decided to pull the trigger on the Hot Spring Envoy and got it for $1,000. Seems like a pretty good deal. Now we just have to move it, @ 875 lbs! Happy Hot Tubing!

Thanks pooldv! Ahh-some was ordered 5 minutes after we bought it. The wife said "do we really need this stuff, it's kind of expensive" and I sent her to youtube to watch a video of it in action. She bought it immediately ;)

I am planning on using the dichlor - bleach method, so thanks for the link again! You know anything about silver ion? The lady who owned it before swore the stuff worked, but I haven't done any research on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.