Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Will I ever need to use my MPS shock with the bbb process?

1. Back To Top    #1

Will I ever need to use my MPS shock with the bbb process?

New to bbb process. The place I bought the spa from recommended 2-3 tablespoons of MPS shock after each use. Do you recommend this with bbb process? Will I ever need to use MPS shock on this process? If so, when?
    Master Spa Trainer 15 Eco Pure System w/mineral filter. Fiberglass. 15'x8'. 4' deep. 1,895 gal. 2 pumps. 55 jets.4 swim jets. 2 waterfalls. Ozone system. Partially sunken (2' above ground). Insulated, thick cover. 8.25% BBB process. 95 degrees. HTH 6-way test. Central FL . Well water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Will I ever need to use my MPS shock with the bbb process?

Quote Originally Posted by Villagesilvergirl View Post
    New to bbb process. The place I bought the spa from recommended 2-3 tablespoons of MPS shock after each use. Do you recommend this with bbb process? Will I ever need to use MPS shock on this process? If so, when?
    If you had a high bather load, it could help to reduce the recovery time of the spa. MPS is just another oxidizer (note: NOT a sanitizer) and it can work in conjunction with chlorine to clean up after a heavily used spa. Typically speaking, a well maintained chlorine hot tub will have little use for MPS.

Downsides to using MPS is that it interferes with the FAS-DPD chlorine test and it adds sulfates to the water which can be hard on the cheaper forms of spa heaters (those made of Incoloy metal).

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Will I ever need to use my MPS shock with the bbb process?

Thanks so much for the response. I'm learning so much!
    Master Spa Trainer 15 Eco Pure System w/mineral filter. Fiberglass. 15'x8'. 4' deep. 1,895 gal. 2 pumps. 55 jets.4 swim jets. 2 waterfalls. Ozone system. Partially sunken (2' above ground). Insulated, thick cover. 8.25% BBB process. 95 degrees. HTH 6-way test. Central FL . Well water.