Just opened pool Here are my numbers

Not bad at all. :goodjob: I wouldn't add any baking soda at this time. Focus on the FC and even increase it to "16" which is the SLAM level based on your CYA of 40. Best to just do that now and ensure you pass a rock-solid SLAM (quickly hopefully) since your CC is a bit elevated. I suspect it won't be long before you pass all 3 SLAM criteria (SLAM link below in my sig).

Welcome back to another swimming season. :swim:

Not bad at all. :goodjob: I wouldn't add any baking soda at this time. Focus on the FC and even increase it to "16" which is the SLAM level based on your CYA of 40. Best to just do that now and ensure you pass a rock-solid SLAM (quickly hopefully) since your CC is a bit elevated. I suspect it won't be long before you pass all 3 SLAM criteria (SLAM link below in my sig).

Welcome back to another swimming season. :swim:

Thank you so much. I'm going to test again today. The pool is crystal clear. Just want to double ck the numbers.

Very good. Since you confirmed your CYA to actually be slightly higher at 50, your SLAM FC level is 20. So you'll want to increase the FC to 20 and perform your season-opening SLAM to ensure you are algae-free for the summer. The pH should be between 7.2-7.4 prior to a SLAM, and you are on the upper side of that. Part may be because your FC is already over 10 which makes the pH show as higher anyways. But if you want to double-check, you can let the FC drop under 10 just long enough to confirm pH then crank FC up to 20.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.