Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First season

1. Back To Top    #1

First season

Hello all. I first want to say that this site is AWESOME!!! I have learned so much in the short time that I have been a member. I opened my pool last week. Water was a little cloudy. I ran the pump for a few days along with vacuuming it. Unfortunately, or should I say fortunately, I came across this site searching for the best test kit. So I seem to be doing things backwards. LOL. I don't have any readings for you but I did ordered the TF-100. I'm Supposed to receive it tomorrow. In the meantime I added about a half gallon of bleach per day just to make sure something was in there. My water is crystal clear just two days after opening which is the best case scenario. So my question is once I get my kit and do the testing as long as my levels are good and my cc is 0 I should not have to do anything but maintain. Correct? Again you guys rock...
    18x36 IG, 24000 Gal, vinyl, Hayward 1hp sp w/ sand filter, Hayward HP21404T heat pump. TF-100 w/speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First season

You'd start by doing the overnight FC loss test. If you pass that, don't have CC, and your water looks good visually, then it's on to balancing your other levels using PoolMath. If it doesn't pass you might need a short SLAM to finish it out.
    20x40 28kgal in-ground vinyl built 2011, liner replaced 2017
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D sand filter, Pentair SuperFlow 1HP pump, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Dolphin Active 30i
    City water, TF-100 test kit + speedstir.
    Recommended Levels | Chlorine/CYA Chart | SLAM