Fc-0
Cc- 2.5
Ph-7.0

Haven't tested anything else.
Water looks great, meaning clear;
Why can't I get a fc reading?
How to lower cc?
Thanks for your help, as always!!

I didn't test the cya yet, I will when I get home tonight; I should start the SLAM before doing anything else? Can I finish vacuuming? Thanks for your help!
Sure, vacuum out as much debris as you can and backwash it away if there was a lot of it. It means fewer organics to consume the bleach, leaving it all to kill the stuff you can't see. Remember, just because it's in the filter and not in the pool doesn't mean it is gone. It's just out of sight. You're still treating the water inside the filter.

The movement from vacuuming and filtering will mix the water up good so you'll get accurate test results. Remember, before you SLAM with bleach, you'll need to know pH and CYA and possibly deal with them first.

Sure, vacuum out as much debris as you can and backwash it away if there was a lot of it. It means fewer organics to consume the bleach, leaving it all to kill the stuff you can't see. Remember, just because it's in the filter and not in the pool doesn't mean it is gone. It's just out of sight. You're still treating the water inside the filter.

The movement from vacuuming and filtering will mix the water up good so you'll get accurate test results. Remember, before you SLAM with bleach, you'll need to know pH and CYA and possibly deal with them first.

OK so I just tested for everything:
FC-0
CC- 2.0
PH- 7.4
TA- 50
CH- 90
CYA- 0

So my plan is to add stabilizer, and then chlorine to shock level, is that correct?
Is it normal that my ph went up on its own from 7.0 to 7.4 without adding anything besides chlorine and vacuuming?

OK so I just tested for everything:
FC-0
CC- 2.0
PH- 7.4
TA- 50
CH- 90
CYA- 0

So my plan is to add stabilizer, and then chlorine to shock level, is that correct?
Is it normal that my ph went up on its own from 7.0 to 7.4 without adding anything besides chlorine and vacuuming?
Easy one first: yes, pH rises naturally with agitation. Not so different than shaking a bottle of Coke.

With all the CYA gone and a lot of CC, hold off on the CYA for a little bit. You might have ammonia. What you do instead is raise FC to 10 and get it mixed and retest it in 10 minutes. If you have ammonia, the FC will all be gone and the CC will be higher than it was, usually by a good bit. Repeat that until FC is above 5 after 10 minutes, then go ahead and raise CYA to 30 and start the SLAM.

Hi Richard

Thank you, you actually helped me last year with similar problem. However I don't think I have ammonia because last night I added chlorine to get to 10, brushed it in and retested after 10 minutes, fc was holding, for the most part and cc went down to 0.
My results late last night were
Fc 11.5
Cc- .5

This morning it was
Fc 7
Cc 0
Cya still 0---- I added stabilizer last night in socks (how long until that should show up?)
Is it possible my R-0013 chemical is not accurate? It is from last season.
Thanks for your help as always!
Adam

Hi Richard

Thank you, you actually helped me last year with similar problem. However I don't think I have ammonia because last night I added chlorine to get to 10, brushed it in and retested after 10 minutes, fc was holding, for the most part and cc went down to 0.
My results late last night were
Fc 11.5
Cc- .5

This morning it was
Fc 7
Cc 0
Cya still 0---- I added stabilizer last night in socks (how long until that should show up?)
Is it possible my R-0013 chemical is not accurate? It is from last season.
Thanks for your help as always!
Adam
Give it another day before you worry about the CYA. Has it all dissolved? Fully dissolved and mixed, it won't get very cloudy at 30, and if right now only half is dissolved, you might not see it. That's why we urge restraint when adding CYA, because there might be some already even if the tester shows none.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi everyone,
So last night my
Fc was 11.0
This morning 9.0
Cc- 0
Cya- <30 but definitely the stabilizer I added did something

Am i done slamming or losing 2 ppm overnight means there is still algae??
Thanks as always!!
Close, but no cigar.

You're not done yet. You need to lose less than 1 FC overnight, and have .5 or less CC, and have clear water even after brushing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.