intex ultra frame pool 18 x52 round air jet valve

Apr 8, 2015
Waukesha, Wi
I just purchased a new 18 x 52 round intex ultra frame pool. It came with an air jet valve with a cover that attached to the plunger valve hose that returns to the pool. My question is do I leave that cap on the plunger valve when running the pump or do i remove it. I checked everything in the books and videos provided, but it makes no mention of this. Does anyone know the answer to my question?

Pretty sure this is what you're referring to, and as you can see, I have mine off. The Auto Cleaner didn't work properly when I left it on and I just left it off. Pretty sure it's the air source for the water IMG_1685.JPG
aeration.
Interested in responses as this was a replacement valve that came with my 2500GPH pump upgrade to accommodate the Intex Auto Cleaner.

Does anybody know where I can get the little air intake valve itself? I checked Intex (https://www.intexcorp.com/replaceme...x-30in/2018/28111eh/pump/12363-air-jet-valve/) but says it`s not available. Being a novice in these things, I just realised it was missing (pool came came Walmart). I am going to go and speak to them, but just in case, is there anywhere I can get one without having to buy a whole new Inlet Air Water Jet Replacement Part Kit? Annoying a $2 part only seems to come with a $41 thing... :(

Not at all. It merely aerates, which is really only needed when you want to raise the PH.

If you want to use it to raise the PH, maybe put a piece of screen wire over the hole to keep bugs etc out.

I have no idea why they put it on there, maybe promoting that the air makes things better?
:laughblue:

Reactions: pauljeffreys

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Supposedly it introduces "negative ions". SMH... I hate it and love it at the same time. The cap does NOT stop the air.

+1 on not bothering to find one. Intex can't seem to stock parts properly for pool season. They're always out of stock for most things by mid June.

Although, just in case you missed it, the cap is in a little plastic bag that should have come with the pump. I'm not sure where the air jet was for my pool cuz my son unpacked it, but I did find the cap packaged separately. I thought it hadn't come with the pool/pump too.

I temporarily "fixed" it by taking off the little blue release thing from the cheap pump, cutting off the 2 clip parts and it fit in there until I get a more permanent solution :). It works but does shut that off :)
THAT my friend, is brilliant! It screws right in? Well now... kinda wish I had an extra cartridge filter lying around.

Some water still gets out, but it`s a trickle instead of more constant stream :D

Had a bit of a fit issue until I slightly unscrewed the backing nut thing to the main jet... It leave the groove beside the air jet valve thing which does indeed then allow the little blue screw to go right in :D

Last edited:
Interesting... my air jet hole leaks no water at all even when nothing is in it. Just sucks air. However... come to think about it, I noticed some water on the tarp the other day that I couldn't account for, and the flex tape I'd put over the hole had come a bit lose.

I'm gonna go see what happens if the pump isn't running. It probably does leak at that point.

Try some plumbers tape on the threads or maybe an o-ring. The air jet has an o-ring.

My thinking for the leaking is that my waterline on the inside of the pool is higher than the jet itself, so assuming gravity is winning in terms of the water coming out of it... I didn`t do it when I was first running things as the waterline was only a little above the 2 outtake value things... But now the water is higher up and covering the intake also, Totally thinking it`s just gravity trying to level things, which is resulting in the water running around...

I am likely going to look at Lowes for a 1/2" connector and run some 1/2" pipe up from it, that way it can allow the water to sit level and not leak, but also allow air to flow in as required. Will see, I am not going to go too out my way to do that though with the blue screw fix in place already anyway :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.