Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is the device in the photo?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is the device in the photo?

I'm a relatively new pool owner, and I'm fighting a leak somewhere in the pool. I had a local pool company use a device to scan the pool for leaks, and the device detected nothing. I changed the gaskets on the returns and the skimmer boxes, and the problem has worsened slightly. I want to add some silicone where appropriate. To do so, I'd like to vacate the water around the particular return as I service it. I've attached a photo of a device that I viewed in an online video. What is the device called?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is the device in the photo?

Maybe a dam of some sort for pools?

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Pretty cool idea. Would've been handy on my previous above-ground when I made repairs to the return.

It's like a mini-dry dock for pool repairs!
    18'x36' vinyl - 24k gal - Intelliflo 3hp VSP - Pentair C&C 420 cartridge filter - IC40 Salt - EasyTouch 8 - ScreenLogic - Raypak 406btu NG heater - Intellibrite 5G ligths - 4 deck jets - sheer descent - X-Stream Slide 2 - TF100 kit - opened spring 2017

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Cofferdam, size scaled to fit your needs. neat idea..
    You may be able to take any large round bowl that you can cut in half and put some weather-stripping between the bowl and the pool wall. pump/ suck the water out and the pressure should keep it firmly against the wall.