What is the device in the photo?


New member
May 15, 2017
Little Rock, AR
I'm a relatively new pool owner, and I'm fighting a leak somewhere in the pool. I had a local pool company use a device to scan the pool for leaks, and the device detected nothing. I changed the gaskets on the returns and the skimmer boxes, and the problem has worsened slightly. I want to add some silicone where appropriate. To do so, I'd like to vacate the water around the particular return as I service it. I've attached a photo of a device that I viewed in an online video. What is the device called?



Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
Pretty cool idea. Would've been handy on my previous above-ground when I made repairs to the return.

It's like a mini-dry dock for pool repairs!


TFP Guide
Cofferdam, size scaled to fit your needs. neat idea..
You may be able to take any large round bowl that you can cut in half and put some weather-stripping between the bowl and the pool wall. pump/ suck the water out and the pressure should keep it firmly against the wall.

Other Threads of Interest