To keep Hayward SAS SWG

Mar 26, 2017
Avondale, AZ
Hello. So I'm considering returning my Hayward basic salt and swim swg. For Circupool SJ-40. I'm on the fence about doing so. The Hayward unit is rated at .98lbs of FC a day. I'm running it at 80% for 9hrs to maintain a FC of 3-5ppm. In 85 degree weather. The 100 degree temps hasn't hit phx AZ just yet.
The SJ-40 is rated at 1.7lbs of FC a day. With an extra $330 price tag. So should I opt for the bigger unit now that I can return the SAS unit? Or keep my $330 in my pocket and cross my fingers the SAS unit can keep up with the heat . Plus there's no solid number on how long the SAS cells last. One member stated 2 seasons. In a colder climate. SAS cells sell for $170-185. Roughly the cost of Chlorine for a year, maybe.
its my first pool.
Many info would be great.

A,

In "theory" your Hayward is sized for your pool.

It may not be a SWCG issue.. Please tell us how much CYA (stabilizer) is in your pool water???

But, bigger is almost always better when talking SWCG...

Thanks,

Jim R.

A,

I went back and looked at this again. It appears to me that running 8 hours a day at 80% will generate about 3.1 ppm of FC.. So running 9 hours a day won't make that much difference.

So it sounds to me like your current SWCG is working about like it should.. We generally say a pool uses 2 to 4 ppm per day...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.