Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Good morning,

So I learned a tough, but good lesson over the weekend. A few weeks ago my pool was perfect, clear, good numbers, etc. I still maintained a little high FC because my pool last year was notorious for going green even with good numbers. Then a week ago, BAM, started turning green. So of course I used many bad words and saying this pool is cursed. Started a SLAM. Brush daily, the whole nine yards. Over weekend we are clean, still a but cloudy, but filter time will take care of that. Then I started thinking, I am sure I read a million times on here about looking for algae under ladder, behind light, etc. So I decided to pull out my light. WOW. Pulling out from the wall and there was like 2 inches of sludge in the niche. Nasty! This thing was never cleaned out it seems. So got out the shop vac and was able to get it out, and then scrubbed it. Tough lesson. I am HOPING this is the reason why my pool would turn even with good numbers!! Tough lesson, but glad I finally woke up!

On another note, I took the light apart, because it was dirty. It has not been touched since installed in 1996 (I believe) I had to order a new gasket, got in mail yesterday, and will install back today. Any advice with the gasket to ensure a good seal?

Great catch! :goodjob: Yes, we say it all the time, but in many cases owners hold-out on pulling the light until the very last option. You did well. As for the gasket, some work and fit well dry, but some owners do like to apply some lube as well. I'm seeing a mixed-review on that one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.