Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA is low

1. Back To Top    #1

TA is low

I have been using this method to take care of my pool for a couple of months kind of getting the hang of it. Still lots of questions though.
    Trying to maintain PH at 7.2 but I'm adding muriatic acid every couple of days.
    My numbers are

ph 7.2
    CH 300
    FC 15
    CC .05
    CYA 80
    TA 70

Water is crystal clear. I'm worried my TA is to low. Should I add something to raise it or should I just keep monitoring it.
    Thank you
    24k gallon, 16 x 37 IG , Gunite, Pentair cartridge 420, Whisper Flo Pump 2hp type CX model 011774 has 2, Polaris 280, built 09, TF-100 kit, Also has a wood burning heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TA is low

I would recommend that you keep pH at 7.8.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

+1 to pH at 7.8 and 70 is fine for TA. Here are the recommended levels, Pool School - Recommended Levels
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    +1 to pH at 7.8 and 70 is fine for TA. Here are the recommended levels, Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Why 7.8? That's the top end of the recommendation for range.

30k IG vinyl w steps , Pentair SuperFlo 342001 pump, StaRite Cristal-Flo sand filter T-240-BP1
    Hayward Goldline AQR15 SWG, Dolphin Premium (aka S300i) Robot
    Borates & TF100 test kit
    200 gal hot tub (that I completely rebuilt)

5. Back To Top    #5

7.8 creates less carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide causes ph rise.

Higher ph means more ph stability and less acid. It also helps maintain good CSI.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

TA is fine at 70.

If pH will rise on it's own, then let it slide on up to 7.8. If it does not rise, I would leave it alone
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School