Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cover anchor bolts

1. Back To Top    #1

Cover anchor bolts

Wheb putting down my cover anchor points I found 2 that were loose in the concrete. How can I bond them down securely so I do not have to worry about my kids sinking into my pool if they dive across the cover near the loose bolts? I just had it installed and the company put it on in the middle of the day while I was at work. Mid may of Alabama not sure why they thought I wanted it covered. (bought the house last Sept and it had 2 tarps zip tied together as a pool cover &#128556
    My concerns are pool water, heat and sun plus the weight of the cover pulling against the bolt Making it unsafe

20x40 40k vinyl pool, hayward pro series S220t sand filter with vacuum pump and pentair model 320 in line feeder. No clue as to what type of skimmers I have. Just got my k-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cover anchor bolts

Well, you really don't have to worry about them pulling out. The weight of the cover only puts a side load on the anchors so just make sure you backed them off (up) enough to ensure the tension spring is just lightly resting on the concrete or not touching it at all. If you don't back them up high enough it will tend to use the spring as a pivot point and want to lift the anchors. It wouldn't lift them all the way out but could bring them 1/4" out of the hole. Before I replaced my pool decking a couple years ago nearly all of my anchors were loose and easily pulled out of the deck. Never once did a single one break free and that's in an area that see's over 100" of snow load every winter.

To secure the anchor I'd suggest using a two part epoxy. It doesn't really get much stronger than that and again, if you raise the heads up you really shouldn't even be testing the epoxy.
    - Tom

Check out my DIY YouTube Channel @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbq..._as=subscriber

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Agree. Several of mine spin freely. No worries.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok thanks y'all

20x40 40k vinyl pool, hayward pro series S220t sand filter with vacuum pump and pentair model 320 in line feeder. No clue as to what type of skimmers I have. Just got my k-2006 test kit.