Chasing a tripped breaker

Ccoxck

May 14, 2017
Newport News va
I have purchases a used dynasty spa from a friend. Everything worked prior to loading it on my trailer. I have just connected it up at my house and it appears the spa disconnect keeps tripping. I'm not an electrician, however I am comfortable with doing the work. After tracing everything out with my multimeter it appears the hot black and white neutral are connected somewhere causing the short. My electrician friend is has not done hot tubs before and is unsure how they connect inside the spa itself. He has viewed all the wireing and I it all appears to be good.

C,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all spa owners with popping breakers.. :snorkle:

Does your spa pop the breaker as soon as you plug it in, or not until after you turn it on?

If the breaker does not pop as soon as it is plugged in, then your idea that the hot lead is shorted to the neutral is probably a test error.

Obviously it could be many different things, but the most likely culprit would be the heater coils. One thing you could do, is disconnect the heater and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.