Pristine Blue to Chlorine

you asked at the pool store? borax is not something you really buy except at a grocery store. it's called 20 mule team borax and it's a laundry and cleaning aid. or you can buy boric acid. or you can see if the pool store sells proteam supreme, though it sounds like you went to pinch a penny and afaik they don't sell any borate products. so yeah, if you asked where is the borax at the pool store, I bet you did get a few weird looks ;)

Reebok, Proteam Supreme is PH neutral, I'm think... it has the same end result of adding borates via borax, but it's not a 'ph increaser' in that regard.

See my edit to my post above, your numbers aren't that bad but if you already have the PH plus if you want to use it's okay to use a small amount.

yeah I put them in two socks and they're laying on the steps in the pool water. about to put them where you suggested. Have to do another set of tests now, got about 3 inches of rain in about an hour. Pool almost overflowed (bad)!? Backwashed, now level is better.

Thanks again PM (pool mom) ;-)

frustratedpoolmom said:
Reebok, Proteam Supreme is PH neutral, I'm think... it has the same end result of adding borates via borax, but it's not a 'ph increaser' in that regard.
Proteam Supreme is borax in pentahydrate form and is NOT pH neutral.
Proteam Supreme Plus is a mixture of borax and boric acid and IS pH neutral.
::epds::

hotnjax, I just read all your post on here. And no offense, because I know you love your wife, but tell her all she can do with the pool is swim and vacuum... :wink:

They got you on the right track. After getting pointed in the right direction, reading, reading, and reading again, my pool is the last thing I ever have to worry about. I might spend 30 minutes a week on my pool. That test kit will be the best investment you will make.

waterbear said:
frustratedpoolmom said:
Proteam Supreme is borax in pentahydrate form and is NOT pH neutral.
Proteam Supreme Plus is a mixture of borax and boric acid and IS pH neutral.
::epds::

Aha! This confirms my confusion since the PS plus is what's in my shed... thanks for clarifying that Evan!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.