Sand from filter?

Jul 8, 2016
OK
I am having issues with sand getting into the pool from my filter, is there anything i can attach to the return jet that captures the sand?I have seen something called the slimbag and was curious if there has been anyone using it. Thanks in advance!

The sand filter and pump i bought last year and put the laterals down slowly put the sand in by hand have had this issue since. When i asked the pool store they said it could be the finer particulates passing and should stop. But I will keep an eye on it more now because i got it late last year and didnt get to get in the pool much.

Here a couple pics from the link i shared. From what I can remember this is what they looked like
2ef68f192ed10f6e87cbe2f0db244b14.jpg
510e2329235b482b134f5ec2dbce1dcf.jpg

Did you use pool filter sand?? I didn't read the other thread fully but the photos you re-posted look like play sand was used, not pool filter sand. I've never had issues with the Quickrete Pool Filter sand from Home Depot or Lowes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.