How to wire my spa pump to a DPDT switch.

Jul 24, 2012
I need help with wiring my spa pump to a DPDT switch. The pump motor is a Century 2 HP 240 volt. It is currently being controlled by a digital control unit that has stopped working again! I want to go to a manual system only. Currently the motor has these color wires going to it. Green to ground, White to terminal 2 Common, Black to terminal 3 High speed, and Red to terminal 4 Low speed. I simply want to be able to turn the pump on and off, and change from high to low speed on one switch. If anyone has a simple wiring diagram,that would be great. I have searched the threads any have not been able to find a definitive answer. Thanks for your help.

I need help with wiring my spa pump to a DPDT switch. The pump motor is a Century 2 HP 240 volt. It is currently being controlled by a digital control unit that has stopped working again! I want to go to a manual system only. Currently the motor has these color wires going to it. Green to ground, White to terminal 2 Common, Black to terminal 3 High speed, and Red to terminal 4 Low speed. I simply want to be able to turn the pump on and off, and change from high to low speed on one switch. If anyone has a simple wiring diagram,that would be great. I have searched the threads any have not been able to find a definitive answer. Thanks for your help.

I'm not aware of a single switch that would be able to do this but you would basically need to switch both the hot legs , black and red. It looks like you pump's low speed is 120 volt witch is red and high speed kicks it up to 240 volt with power from both red and black wires. You would need to put a switch between both hot wires and make sure you always turn on the red one first. Leave the green and white connected. Make sure the switches you buy are rated for at least the amps from the breaker, the breaker needs to be the weak point.

Edit: That Richard guy is everywhere. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.