Lap Pool Renovation with Aquabright

Oh Amy :hug: that was a live and learn time for you for sure. So much time and effort lost :( BUT it looks like things are starting to look up!!

Kim:kim:

Thank you. I was so upset about the tile that when it started getting cool in September, I threw a tarp over it and left it until a couple of weeks ago. Very depressing. But this guy has been amazing! He will have the last few bits installed tomorrow. [emoji4]
8e47dbbb48cdbf44def2502ba5dda4d3.jpg

Hi Amy, I have just read your entire thread. What a journey you have been on! I’m not sure what happened with the tiles back in September but it doesn’t sound good. I’m glad your seeing progress now and it sounds like you are happy with the work. You will be swimming in your beautifully renovated pool this summer and the past few years will be worth it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Your tiles are just stunning.

Hi Amy, I have just read your entire thread. What a journey you have been on! I’m not sure what happened with the tiles back in September but it doesn’t sound good. I’m glad your seeing progress now and it sounds like you are happy with the work. You will be swimming in your beautifully renovated pool this summer and the past few years will be worth it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Your tiles are just stunning.

Thank you riley00dog!

I am so happy you posted! I can't wait to see this finished. I love your colors! It is going to be beautiful! :)

Thank you for your enthusiasm! We were basically rained out last week, but almost done today with the tile. Fingers crossed it’s going to end up ok! ?

Lots and lots of rain last week delayed our tile progress, but our guy was here today. The main contractor called to tell me I had gotten the wrong grout as it was silver and not white. [emoji3] Though I forgot how dark it would look before it’s dry. (Wasn’t I the one calming someone down last year about this very thing?) It would be so easy to select white, but as I haven’t done white grout on a project in over 20 years I’m going to try to stay the course (says the girl who is going to lie in bed tonight fretting over grout colors). Then there is the CROOKED TOP STEP. My ultra expensive top step is CROOKED. How did I not see this??? [emoji33]
cf0098b70076d86029392ccca9bb4941.jpg
dcd5d36e378c7d1fdf7e1d47d9c37629.jpg
73d9b6b44edbca84e173dda01f778eac.jpg
039c51afe0ecff2685c62128ae6d9d77.jpg
2890bc7ffab1f95483b221c53489543a.jpg
175f4f2a48e2946e6de3260356c8b8f8.jpg

AmyJo! Don't you DARE change that grout color! I LOVE it!!!! It makes the tiles really blend in so you get a better overall picture rather than each tile popping out on it's own. To me is it more blingy! And I KNOW BLING so there!

I smiled when I saw the new step having so much character! I like it and think it is cute! I guess your tile guy could redo it and end at the back left but I would not change it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AmyJo! Don't you DARE change that grout color! I LOVE it!!!! It makes the tiles really blend in so you get a better overall picture rather than each tile popping out on it's own. To me is it more blingy! And I KNOW BLING so there!

I smiled when I saw the new step having so much character! I like it and think it is cute! I guess your tile guy could redo it and end at the back left but I would not change it!

You realize that only a small patch of the waterline tile is grouted, right? No grout anywhere else. MUCH lighter this morning. Hopefully even lighter when I get home today!

The step makes me CRAZY. They’ve offered to take the tile off and redo. Apparently our first guy did something weird w mortar and waterproofing before this. [emoji85]

Grout colour is perfect as it is! Take it from someone who spent a week obsessing. I would get the tiler to fix that left side of the step. I would have expected him to do that as he was working. That would bug me no end.

Thanks! But you’re looking st the closeup sample stretch?? That’s the only place it occurs right now. I’m planning to leave it. Much lighter this morning.

This is our second tile contractor and apparently the fault of our first installer. :/

It will be underwater, but darn it it’s the top step! Also the tile doesn’t line up from step to waterline which also bugs me.

yep it is that part right over there........kind of in the middle on the long side and I like it!!

So are you going to let/have them redo the tile?

I don’t know. I’m feeling unreasonable, but I’m only going to get one shot at this. Am I going to really see it under water? Then again it’s only 6” under ......

I say have it redone as you will see it. If the uneven part is up against the wall instead of right there on the edge it will not stand out as much. Ask the tile guy how he thinks he can "blend it in" better. He might have a trick or two_OR he can grind down that edge of the step to make it where he can make an even cut all the way across????

Now as for the line up from step to water line.........let it go! NO one else will notice that! The SHINE of the bling will help with that!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.