This site has saved me so much headache!

Apr 27, 2017
Republic, MO
This is my second season with our pool that we inherited when we bought our home. Last summer, I fumbled through pool care. I fought algae all summer, and I felt like every video I watched online or advice I got from the pool store resulted in more and more $$$. The water was always hazy, eyes would be irritated after swimming. I even got a couple ear infections.

I remember one time last summer, after following pool-store instructions of powder shocking and adding tabs to the auto feeder etc, I took a sample of my water into the pool store to be tested. The girl there told me everything looked great except maybe the chlorine level was a little low and recommended some $40 bottle of something to put in it. I specifically asked her about the CYA levels after hearing something about that (although not knowing much), she said it was perfect.

Now, I know I didn't add any CYA To the pool, so the level would be practically non-existent. This year I uncovered the pool, got the leaves and stuff out, and ordered a TF-100 test kit. After the full barrage of tests, and adding bleach and CYA as appropriate, I was blown away how clear and beautiful the water was the next day. All the haze was completely gone!

My pool looks better than it ever has and I'm way more excited for pool season this year. Here's hoping I'm smooth sailing from here! Thanks guys!

View attachment 60585

dbtgallery.php

Absolutely! Only until we decide to try it ourselves do we realize how manageable and easy it is - not to mention rewarding. Nice looking set-up you have there. Enjoy! :swim:

I opted for the test kit and the little spinner gizmo that swirls the water, and it was like $114. I feel like on average when I went to the pool store I walked out of there spending at least $40-80 bucks. So I'm already getting bang for my buck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.