Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Really low number at opening

1. Back To Top    #1

Really low number at opening

Hey guys. Need some help. First time opening this way.

We have had tons of rain in the last month and I had to drain a ton of water to get the safety tarp water free so have added a lot of new water. Here are my numbers.
    pH - 7.2
    Cl - 0
    CH - 50
    TA - 60
    CYA - 0 (was 50 at closing)

What to do please? Thanks.
    33K, IG, vinyl liner, 15 years old (??), 20x40, 3-8 feet deep, Hayward pump 1.5 HP, Hayward S240 sand filter (300 lbs of sand), Dolphin Triton robotic cleaner, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Really low number at opening

Use PoolMath to guide you in how much stabilizer (CYA) to add, and get some bleach in there PRONTO or you're going to be looking at green instead of clean.

You can get both at Walmart.....or the CYA at Lowes and the bleach at any grocery store. Just make sure the bleach is fresh and high quality. None of this cheapo 3% stuff, or old bleach from Lowes please (they store it outside where it weakens).

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Maddie!

Did I forget to mention that my spider valve is shot so when I run the pump, I am losing water out of the drain hose.

I put in bleach (10%) and will run the pump for an hour tonight to circulate then shut off.
    33K, IG, vinyl liner, 15 years old (??), 20x40, 3-8 feet deep, Hayward pump 1.5 HP, Hayward S240 sand filter (300 lbs of sand), Dolphin Triton robotic cleaner, TF-100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh lordie Rocket.... if it isn't one thing its another sometimes, huh?

Spider gasket repairs are pretty easy. Youtube has videos on how to perform the trade out.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard