Spa return jet size?

Jnet

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 15, 2017
Chicago/Northwest, IL
We moved in to a new house this year and with the help of the fine people here at TFP, our pool is open and waiting for warmer weather. Today's question is about spa return jets​. There are two spa pumps plumbed to 8 returns. The returns are threaded, but they're something bigger than 2". I tried a 2" mpt bushing with a 1 1/2" jet and it was still too small. I can't find any jets larger than 1 1/2". Has anyone seen anything like this?

A spa jet and a spa return mean two different things to me. Are you talking about a standard return or a venturi spa jet?

It's a little hard to get decent pics since it's underwater, but I'll try tomorrow.

Mas985-Sorry, I'm not sure I know the difference. There are two normal returns from the filter. One comes from the "spa" side of a three-way after the heater and the other is plumbed to the pool returns. In addition to those, there are the 8 returns from the 2 additional booster pumps. They are separate from the filter plumbing. I guess those are the venturi jets?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.