Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pump outlet still leaking.Uggggg..

1. Back To Top    #1

pump outlet still leaking.Uggggg..

I'm at the end of my rope's.I continue have a small leak from the Hayworth Power-flo pump outlet on the 1.5 inch male PVC connection.I have teflon taped and taped and still can't get it to stop.I'm thinking about just going to the female screw down with a gasket if that is possible.Not even sure what size the outside threaded side is.Any suggestion's?
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pump outlet still leaking.Uggggg..

Hi, can you post a picture of the problem area? That will help us advise you better.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

IMG_20170507_175707981_HDR.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    Hi, can you post a picture of the problem area? That will help us advise you better.
    - - - Updated - - -

I have re plumbed twice and have had leak's three time's now.Getting kind of expensive because of the hard plumb.Only thing I can figure is cut again and add more tape.lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kplaster View Post
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

K,

You don't need tape, you need to use pump unions. They have an O-Ring on the threaded side..

They look like this...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    K,

You don't need tape, you need to use pump unions. They have an O-Ring on the threaded side..

They look like this...

Jim R.
    Are they a 2in to 1.5 .There are pricey.Where is the best place to get them?Wondering if I could use a rubber gasket on the bottom of the adapter I have now.

6. Back To Top    #6

Just went out to check on it .It's also leaking on the input on multivalve.Had to replace this section this morning because when I cut the pipe to tighten it up last week.Didn't get one of the 1.5 to 1.5 connection sealed good and was leaking.Uggg!!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

K,

They look like this...

Jim R.
    Again,where can I find these in 1.5 male thread?????All I have seen is 2 in.Hayward has a male threaded Union.But,with no gasket.

8. Back To Top    #8

Again,where can I find these in 1.5 male thread?????All I have seen is 2 in.Hayward has a male threaded Union.But,with no gasket.
    How about this one... https://www.poolzoom.com/union-cpvc-...-w-o-ring.html

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks Jim.Will be ordering a couple of them.Price not bad

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks Jim.Will be ordering a couple of them.Price not bad
    Jim,just got done ordering 3 of them.Two for the pump and one into the filter since I can't get it to stop leaking.Willlet you know how it goes.Thanks Again

11. Back To Top    #11

Project complete.Had to go back and teflon tape more till it stopped leaking.Also,make sure you place the strainer lid in the position so you can get it open and off.The handles will not make it by the union coming out of pump.
    Attached Images Attached Images