Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Comfort Heat Pump, Filter Timer question

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Comfort Heat Pump, Filter Timer question

I am having my new heat pump *Aquacomfort ACT-1250 wired in tomorrow. Electrician is coming, Pool company already plumbed it in and pool is opening next week.

Does my Heat Pump need to be wired into the timer part on the panel so the filter and heat pump are on at same time? Or does the Heat Pump sense no water and shut off gracefully?

Thanks,
    Chuck
    22,500 Gallon, In Ground, Plaster, Jandy DE Filter, Jandy Pump, Built in Fall of 2014, Filled by water truck and partially by well.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Comfort Heat Pump, Filter Timer question

It will have a flow switch to kill it if no water is flowing.

I see no mention of a timer, just how to connect a remote, in the manual http://www.aquacomfort.com/wp-conten...nersManual.pdf
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

So basically when the pump,shuts down the heat pump detects no flow and shuts down until pump starts again?

22,500 Gallon, In Ground, Plaster, Jandy DE Filter, Jandy Pump, Built in Fall of 2014, Filled by water truck and partially by well.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Pappascw View Post
    So basically when the pump,shuts down the heat pump detects no flow and shuts down until pump starts again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yep. Unless the water is already at or above the set temperature, in which case it stays off.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

That's how mine works. The electronics on it are very basic. If you turn it to "on", the water is colder than the setpoint you choose, and there is water flowing thru the unit, it will come on and start heating.
    Mine runs very quiet and has been trouble free so far. Seems to work very well even when outside air is in the 50's.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help