New Build in West Houston Area - PB

Pipe from meter filling. Goes faster than hose. 45 gpm.

6c69ffc33926f154408c3c283c608695.jpg

0dcf339f8d0b0e0b69310bfb220f7826.jpg

I love the morning sun on the pool! Are you just itchin' to get in and swim your first laps? When is your favorite time of day (or night) to swim? And now you can swim anytime you want!!! All these years - dreaming and planning - almost there. So awesome!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update photos??

920875ecb50552a7483a6149b1dcff6d.jpg

The acid wash crew added 8 bottles of start-up tech on Saturday evening. Pool was full by end of Sunday.

Fired up the pumps today, charged the filters with DE, added acid, bleach and cya.

The superintendent did a rough guess for tonight on the bleach (5 gal) and acid (4 gal).

I tested it after a few hours and got:
TA: 120
PH: 6.8
CL: 6

CYA will take around 29 lbs. We are putting it in using 3.5 pound doses on each system - gradually.

Hot tub XF closed booster circuit had a TON of dirt in it - so when we fired it up, it looked like a big bowl of mud soup. I threw a sump pump in and drained it, rinsed it, and refilled it. Crystal clear now.

The rest of the pumps we set to waste setting and blew the mud from the drain lines down backwash hoses onto the lawn before starting them up.

Some of the return lines were full of mud as well and made a pretty good dirt plume in the pool.
c6e8a1760cd9dc891752c86627d1afbb.jpg

All in all, it seems like things are coming together ok on the start up.

The pool is still cloudy but the pumps will be running 24/7 for the foreseeable future so it should clear up in a day or two.

We brushed the walls tonight too. Probably going to fire up the robot tomorrow evening to start collecting all the debris on the bottom.

Beautiful (and hilarious) photos! Congratulations on the sub pump drain refill! Quick thinking! Are you brushing with metal or soft bristles?

Hmm I don't know they make a sock that holds 29lbs of CYA, so I suppose skimmer is okay! It would look like holiday stockings over a fireplace with all your cya socks in front of the returns lol!

Do you have the WetEdge instructions for the new plaster start-up? Or something from your PB?

It's usually a big no-no to use a cleaner with tracks or wheels for 2 weeks or more. Some plaster companies have guidelines for what chemicals and how much to add especially during the first few days of new plaster, and some companies give guidelines for the first few weeks.

I just want to make sure you protect your investment and don't void your warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you adding the CYA?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.