Please help.. my pool is cloudy New pool owner

HI y'all I live in Georgia. Just purchased a house with above ground pool. I a pool company come out a open pool. The they took off cover and put in chemicals. That is it ! I have vacuumed a couple times. And have shocked it. But is still cloudy. Any advice?

Hey there Sandieg....always glad to have another Georgian here :)

Your definition of "shock" and ours is probably far different. When pools are green or cloudy they need to be "SLAMMED" A SLAM is a process, not a one time addition of strong chlorine. You have to keep the chlorine level up at a level commensurate with your cya stabilizer level or it won't work. And you have to maintain that level until every bit of algae is dead and gone!

But first you need a *good* test kit. How else will you know whats in your water?! I would recommend the TF-100 from tftestkits.net or Amazon.

Once you have a test kit you can run a set and tell us:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

In the mean time I would suggest adding 1/2 jug of plain, unscented bleach (Walmart 8.25% is fine) daily and brushing the pool while the filter runs until you get your test kit.

How about a read in Pool School?--> ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - How to Chlorinate Your Pool
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.