New pool equipment selection?

We are looking at putting an inground pool in our backyard. We are considering a 14x30 kidney shape. All of the dealers are recommending different equipment. One has hayward, one is pentair and I don't know the 3rd but their filter uses glass balls. I'm very overwhelmed and have no idea what is best. Sand filter, cartridge, glass bead? Single speed or variable speed pump? We would like to get it fitted for but not with a water feature and eventual solar panels. Also trying to decide how deep it should be. We have 2 kids (10 & 6) who I'm sure will want to jump in, but we won't have a diving board/rock/platform or anything. So, what manufacturers have the most reliable/cost effective/efficient equipment and what type would yoi recommend? (Sorry for so many questions - it is a whole new world)

Welcome to TFP!

Hayward and Pentair both make good pool equipment. I would get a variable speed pump. They are much cheaper to run and easy to set the correct water flow for solar, swg or water features. Hayward Maxflo or Pentair Superflo would be good options.

Here is some filter ingo, Pool School - Pool Filter Comparison

We love our 4x5x4 play pool. Lots of room to spread out and play.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.