Plumbing water to add slide to existing pool

bauerdr

May 9, 2014
philadelphia PA
When we installed our pool a few years ago, I never considered a slide. A lot of construction and concrete later, we are considering adding one. I have a corner behind a fireplace pavilion that would likely work best, problem is, how do we get water there? From what I'm reading, water from the pool return is typically used- I am not wanting a major disruption of existing concrete so I'm not sure if it's even possible to get water where it needs to come from and send it to where it needs to go.

Any thoughts?

Here are photos from when the pool was installed

Here is the pool area now

Pump is a good 25 feet in the direction of the arrow

Before you go too far down the road of getting the water there make sure the slide you are interested in can be installed in that location with the depth/slope of the pool wall/bottom. Failure to follow the slide manufacturer's requirements may result in a cancellation of your homeowners insurance.

I connect my slide to a garden hose via an adaptor that comes with the slide nozzle kit. Means you have to drag a hose over when you want to use the slide, but also didn't have to do any plumbing.

Note the slide is old, and originally had a plumbed line, but that line broke so I use the hose. The line was from house water, not pool water.

I do not see a problem here.
Run the trench from the equipment pad to the back fence, along the fence, up the side fence and to the slide location.

They take a bunch of water so you may need to dial down the other returns.

Connect the line to the return header (if you have one) with a Jandy Valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.