I have started my conversion Sunday morning. I discussed the conversion with the pool store and he recommended using an item called turbo shock., due to the % of clorine vice 6 % in bleach. Water turned brown/rust then dark green, pea green when I checked this morning prior to leaving for work. I'm using a cartridge filter which I cleaned prior to and once yesterday. PSI has been running at 20. I have a test kit, not a good as the recommended. I'm unsure how to test for FC at 15, can anyone assist. Has anyone has success with just using shock for the conversion. Once I convert I'm installing a salt water chlorinator.
Thanks for any suggestions.