Dolphin Advantage Plus Or S200/Doheny Discovery

CyclingCraig

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2010
Central, New Jersey
So thanks to all the threads here I have narrowed my choices down to these 2. (I hope it's ok to post links to vendor sites here??)

The "New and Improved Dolphin Advantage Plus":
Doheny's Product Page - Advantage

and the Discovery:
Doheny's Product Page - Discovery/S200

Is one a clear Superior cleaner?

They are very close in price(Advantage:$869 vs Discovery:$799 (But I think you can get cheaper($730) with coupon))

The Advantage comes with a caddy and a remote. Also the Advantage is bottom access bags

The Discovery has the nice top access cartridge and 2 filter options, but no caddy and no remote (I will be purchasing the caddy as an option)

The Advantage has a higher GPM, but does that make difference?

Does one "Map" and clean your pool better, or do they both use the same patterning logic?

Thanks for any opinions
-Craig

So thanks to all the threads here I have narrowed my choices down to these 2. (I hope it's ok to post links to vendor sites here??)

The "New and Improved Dolphin Advantage Plus":
Doheny's Product Page - Advantage

and the Discovery:
Doheny's Product Page - Discovery/S200

Is one a clear Superior cleaner?

They are very close in price(Advantage:$869 vs Discovery:$799 (But I think you can get cheaper($730) with coupon))

The Advantage comes with a caddy and a remote. Also the Advantage is bottom access bags

The Discovery has the nice top access cartridge and 2 filter options, but no caddy and no remote (I will be purchasing the caddy as an option)

The Advantage has a higher GPM, but does that make difference?

Does one "Map" and clean your pool better, or do they both use the same patterning logic?

Thanks for any opinions
-Craig

The difference between the bottom-loading bag filter and top basket is night-and-day (in favor of the basket). This is a case where the Advantage has a major disadvantage.

There is no excuse for Dolphin to have introduced such a massive innovataion and then continue to sell bag-filter models. Bottom-line, the idea of robots is to make life easier. You cannot get any easier than a top-load basket.

The remote is a gimmick. There's next to no need for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.