is it ok to partially open a pool and leave it uncovered overnight?

garybtru

Apr 24, 2017
Upstate NY
Hi, total newbie here, just bought a home with a pool back in September.

I just got our new Hayward S244S filter (in my sig) installed today, took the cover off, there's some algae in the pool and debris like some small leaves but nothing too crazy... got the pump and filter all hooked up but the one thing I was missing was a screw-on clamp for the backwash/waste roll-out hose. So I had to run to Home Depot to get one but when I got home it was dark.

So my question is: is it okay to just leave the pool as-is, uncovered tonight and try getting the pump and filter going tomorrow morning?

Thanks,
-Gary

Gary, we are starting to lean towards telling above ground pool owners in the ice/snow states to NOT use covers as we are seeing quite a few walls buckle from the weight of the cover and ice/snow on it. If you do what needed to do to the equipment then you can leave it open BUT the leaves and such do need to be thought about. How to keep them out of the pool??

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.