Spa Jet Problems after Refinish

RTS

Apr 30, 2017
Orlando
I had my pool resurfaced a few weeks ago, and recently noticed that I have a problem with the return jets in my spa.

To the best of my recollection, the six jets are plumbed in two (2) banks of (3)...in two 'loops', again, if I am remembering correctly...the pool is 19 years old.

The refinish company replaced all return fittings in the pool, which I was not expecting, but thought was nice. However, now the middle jet in each bank will not generate pressure. These would be jets 2 and 5 if looking at the six jets in order in the spa. They replaced the fittings with basic 1" Hayward eyeball type fittings. I thought replacing them all with 3/4" fittings would solve the problem, but it did not. I know when the pool was new, that the fittings were the ones with the blue rubber nozzles protruding from them. The rubber had long since disintegrated, and I didn't miss it, and that's why I didn't question the contractor when he just used regular inlet fitting.

I guess my question is if the fittings with rubber nozzles were 'special'? I can only seem to find the 1" variety on line. Would installing these get all six of my jets back again, or is it possible I have deeper issues?

Thanks!

Yes...I have done that several times. Both when I noticed the problem than again when I drained the spa to replace fittings with the 3/4" ones versus the 1" ones the contractor installed. With spa empty and/or below jet level, water comes blasting out of jets 1,3,4, and 6...but little to nothing out of jets 2 and 5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.