First test after install and fill a cloudy

Jeff_O

Mar 13, 2017
AR
This site and forum is great, glad to be on it!

First test results after install and fill:
FC 7.0
pH 6.8
TA 20
CH 150
CYA 20
Temp 70F

I need to raise the pH, TA, and CYA up. I'm running the pump. The water is cloudy, so I'm not sure what to do next?

I started Wednesday 4/26 and it was full Friday 4/29. To clarify, this is my first full test. I did a quick FC and CYA test Friday neither registered. Added 2 gallons of 10% chlorinated bleach and 2 lbs of stabilizer then.

Ok, just tested after adding baking soda and stabilizer yesterday.

FC 4
pH 7.2
TA 80
CH n/a
CYA 40
temp 68

I'm running the pump and seems to be a little clearer today. I'll let it run overnight and check tomorrow to see how it looks. Am I missing anything?

Are you testing the CC? It is a little strange that the water is cloudy from a fresh feel. I might be inclined to raise the FC up to about 10 part per million and do the oclt test

Did you backwash the sand filter (if you have one)after installing? That could be the source of the cloudiness together with the plaster dust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tested the CC yet. I will do that and see where it lands.

I do have a sand filter and I didn't backwash it at start up. I started it up on the filter setting. When I did that it blew a cloud of sand into the pool. There is definitely sand on the pool floor that needs to be vacuumed up. Perhaps it's getting stirred up and the source of the cloudiness?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.